Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wisdom-ous

It's been an odd year thus far. I haven't really felt much of an urge to look back and examine 2004, probably because there's so much that I didn't finish, or even start for that matter.

Much of 2005 so far has been spent trying to figure out where I go from here. I need an agent, that's a given. I need to start looking for a new place to live. I need to pay off my credit cards from Xmas. I need to start prepping for the audition I have next weekend. I have to get some DVD copies of my GD film made. I need a new job.

But I haven't been able to gather up any sort of sense of urgency to do any of this, and I'm not sure why. I know that I'll love the feeling of getting these things accomplished; I always do. I just can't work up the energy/urgency to get them started.

And that sums up pretty much what 2004 was like as well.

So what to do? I guess I need to tackle this the same way I'd eat an elephant... with lots of steak sauce, and a big friggin' barbeque! Or one bite at a time... I always hated that saying.
Anyhow, it's been brought to my attention that I'm turning 30 this year... as though this is supposed to motivate me. I haven't really celebrated a "milestone", let alone a birthday since I was 19. So everything is supposed to change just because I'll be entering my fourth decade on the planet? Poppycock!

But I do feel like I'm wasting time... well not so much wasting as just treading water. No forward progress so to speak. And I think that is what's got to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home