Friday, May 13, 2005

I've got class!

Okay, so here's my next scene for class. I know what film it's from, but I'm trying to ignore that, as I'm not looking to parrot someone else's performance.

Next post will be my prep notes for the scene, based on what's written below, and nothing else.

CLAUDIA
Did you ever go out with someone
and just....lie....question after
question, maybe you're trying to
make yourself look cool or better
than you are or whatever, or smarter
or cooler and you just -- not really
lie, but maybe you just don't say everything --

JIM KURRING
Well, that's a natural thing, two people
go out on a date, something. They want
to impress people, the other person...or
they're scared maybe what they say will
make the other person not like them --

CLAUDIA
So you've done it --

JIM KURRING
Well I don't go out very much.

CLAUDIA
Why not?

JIM KURRING
I've never found someone really that
I think I would like to go out with.

CLAUDIA
And I bet you say that to all the girls --

JIM KURRING
No, no.

CLAUDIA
You wanna make a deal with me?

JIM KURRING
ok.

CLAUDIA
What I just said...y'know, people
afraid to say things....no guts to
say the things that they...that are real
or something...

JIM KURRING
...yeah...

CLAUDIA
To not do that. To not do that that
we've maybe done -- before --

JIM KURRING
Let's make a deal.

CLAUDIA
Ok. I'll tell you everything and
you tell me everything and maybe
we can get through all the piss
and shit and lies that kill other
people....

He laughs a bit uncomfortable...repeats her line;

JIM KURRING
Wow....huh..."...piss and shit..."

CLAUDIA
What?

JIM KURRING
You really use strong language.

CLAUDIA
I'm sorry --

JIM KURRING
-- no, no, it's fine. Fine.

CLAUDIA
I didn't mean...it's seems vulgar
or something, I know --

JIM KURRING
It's fine.

CLAUDIA
I'm sorry.

JIM KURRING
...nothing. I'm sorry...

CLAUDIA
No, I'm sorry. I'm saying I'm sorry.
I talk like a jerk sometimes --

JIM KURRING
-- well I'm a real...y'know, straight
when it comes to that...curse words
I just don't use much --

CLAUDIA
I'm sorry.

BEAT.

CLAUDIA
I'm gonna run to the bathroom for
a minute...maybe just --

JIM KURRING
ok.

CLAUDIA
ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home