Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Is This Reality?

Kelly: You have a hard time making commitments.
Ron: What do mean? I made a commitment to the military.
Kelly: Yeah, but you got out of that.
Ron: How'd I "get out of that?"
Kelly: You were a POW.

I don't watch much reality TV. Any really, I guess. But I like this show, though I'm not sure why.

But the above exchange just made me boggle. I'm not an advocate of violence (not an opponent either), but I honestly cannot believe the guy didn't punch her right in the mouth. I'm pretty sure that I would have. Of course, Gal's response was much less kind towards her than mine. I love that about her. =)

I'm pretty sure that the above has to qualify as one of the top 3 Dumbest Exchanges I've Ever Heard. Yay ignorance!

And thusly... here is the Top 3 List! In no particular order:

1. the Above.

2.
Employee: I don't understand why I'm late for work! I leave at the same time every day!
Me: Why not leave 10 minutes earlier?
Employee: Wow, that might work!

3.
Cop: I'm going to have to give you a ticket for your registration being expired, and another one 'cause it's not signed.
Me: Um... what?
Cop: Two tickets.
Me: One because my registration is invalid.
Cop: Yes.
Me: And the other, because my invalid registration isn't signed?
Cop: Yes.
Me: Just checking.

3 Comments:

Blogger mare said...

she said _that_ to a pow?

mare hits head repeatedly on desk to try erasing that thought from her head. how fucking stupid can you be?

April 27, 2005 6:47 p.m.  
Blogger Rosyphant said...

Well he's with her... That should give you an idea... They are not my favourite team... actually none of them are my favourite.. I like the gay couple that got eliminated a few weeks ago.

I too was boggled by that exchange... But at least they won the travelocity prize.. I'd gladly take $20,000 to plan my next trip :)

April 27, 2005 9:38 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

I don't really have a favourite team... though Joyce is to be admired for doing away with that mass of hair she had.

Mare - She's a former beauty queen... what do you expect?

Jenn - If I were he, I'd be taking that 20k to get away from her. Or I'd give her the 20k to get away from me.

April 28, 2005 11:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home