Friday, April 22, 2005

Just so we're clear

Let me see if I understand this...

In order to own a home or a car in Canada, I need to have insurance.

I pay a set amount every month to the insurance company, for said insurance, ostensibly to cover expenses should something 'bad' happen.

Yet, I make a claim for any amount, regardless of whether or not I am at fault, and my insurance company either jacks my rates sky high, or refuses to provide me with coverage any longer.

On top of this, insurance companies post record profits every year.

So basically, I'm paying a sum of money every month for the privilege of... what? Hassle? Aggravation?

If my car were to be totalled in an accident, I couldn't afford to replace it without filing a claim. Yet, if I file a claim to replace the car, I can either no longer afford to insure the new car, or cannot get insurance at all. The end result is I can't drive in either case.

Hmmmm... how does one go about forming their own insurance company? I need to get in on this scam.

4 Comments:

Blogger mare said...

oh no, i'm happy about insurance today. they're replacing sherman with steve austin. this is actually a logical sentence if you realize both of those are laptops.

April 22, 2005 12:15 p.m.  
Blogger R.G. Ryan said...

Well, it could be worse. I mean in addition to all you mentioned, they could curse you whenever you call.

April 23, 2005 1:45 p.m.  
Blogger Action Randall said...

At least they are very honest and accommodating when you're in an accident that wasn't at all your fault.
Oh wait, I actually meant the exact opposite of that.

April 25, 2005 11:22 a.m.  
Blogger George Thomas Kysor said...

Hope you don't mind that i copied your post in my "Sampler" blog.

April 25, 2005 3:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home