Thursday, July 14, 2005

20 More Random things

1. I was 5'5" when I started high school. I was 6'2" when I started my senior year.
2. I have an unfortunately high tolerance to pain killers, which makes for much fun if I'm forced to go to the hospital. No, like I told you four hours ago, Demerol does nothing for me!
3. I'm more Oscar than Felix
4. Tequilla has been very, very bad to me. Grass makes me grumpy.
5. I once propositioned the lead singer of a Celtic bar band between sets. Her husband the drummer was quite amused.
6. I'm slightly dyslexic, fairly colour blind, and partially deaf in my left ear.
7. My father was suspended from his high school for printing Fuck on the front page of the student newspaper. 25 years later, I was chastised for saying fuck (or shit, I can't remember) on stage while in high school.
8. One summer I ran an improv camp for kids.
9. I've delivered 1 eulogy and 1 best man's toast.
10. I've had 3 serious relationships in my life.
11. I was once kissed by a girlfriend's mother.
12. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to.
13. The night of 11 was the last time I was so drunk I blacked out.
14. I'm an open book to a large degree; there are things in the vault I'll never tell.
15. I have an opinion on just about anything and everything.
16. I used to read the entirety of the CNN, CBC, and BBC websites once a week.
17. I've had 11 different addresses in the past 9 years.
18. I stopped smoking 5 years ago, drinking pop 4 years ago, and being single 3 years ago.
19. I've been dating Gal longer than all my previous relationships (serious or not) put together.
20. I wonder why some people find me intimidating when they first meet me.

9 Comments:

Blogger mare said...

people find you intimidating because you spew your bs with total and complete confidence.

it's those of us who know you and will spew it right back that you get along with best. ;)

July 14, 2005 12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Chris W said...

Re: #7 - it was "shit." :)

July 15, 2005 11:10 a.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Chris - This is why I have friends... to remember the stuff I can't. =)

Marcie - That's okay, I fear your system... I mean how many yards in a cup? Of course, I don't know how tall I am or how much I weigh in metric, so I guess I'd be at least a little okay. =)

July 15, 2005 12:24 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

And Mare... I'm all about the completely confident BS. People will believe anything if they think you are smart and know what you are talking about.

July 15, 2005 1:17 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

my man is thinking of moving to canada (in lieu of here in cambridge only if the lame-o visa thing out here doesn't cooperate) from england. so he has double issues, like they use metric and the american type of measurements. silly brits.

July 15, 2005 2:23 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

oh and do ya'll actually weigh yourselves in metric????!!!

July 15, 2005 2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

UK to Canada should be an easy Visa... and I think Metric is only for official stuff... I don't know many people outside of Quebec who use metric for height or weight.

'Course, I wonder if the Brits still use stones as a unit of weight.

July 15, 2005 3:31 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

they do...it's pretty silly if you ask me...

July 15, 2005 11:49 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn said...

Fantastic list!! And for the record, confident bullshit is what makes the world go round! If it wasn't for the use of BS, highschool and undergrad would have been a write-off for me.

July 18, 2005 12:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home