Monday, July 11, 2005

My Luck

Friday I gave my two weeks notice. I'd tried to see if the production was going to be able to change at all, or if I could flex my way around and still work until the end of July. No dice. So, I gave my notice.

Saturday was great. Gal and I went to a goodbye picnic for a friend who's going to Bande Aceh with the Red Cross. Went to Ikea to finally order some wardrobes to get the apartment in order. There was no line-up at the cash, so we were in and out in 20 mins.

As soon as I saw the lack of line, my Vaga-senses started tingling. I always end up in line, and without fail, it's the slowest line. So I was a little scared.

Went to catch a matinee... again, no line. I started to get a quiver in my stomach.

After the movie, went to Wally-mart. In and out in 20 mins, got in the quickest line at the cash. Future Shop, same deal. By then, I was starting to feel sick. We'd even gotten relatively close parking spots in all these places. This is unheard of for me.

Got back to the apt. and found a relatively close place to park, despite the fact there were 5000 extra people in the neighbourhood for a street festival. Once we got into the apartment, I needed to lie down. I was afraid. Very. Afraid.

Sunday we slept in until 10, Gal got up, and I decided I was going to go back to sleep, as she was going to an art show. I slept until 1, which was very great. As I got out of bed, the metal side support crumpled. Great. I broke the damn bed.

Got a call from the film production office... something came up, and they had to change my shooting dates. I'm now shooting evenings, this week and next. Great. I didn't have to give my notice.

My first scene is in 4 days. I haven't got a script. Haven't heard from them about costume. Great. I'm going to end up shooting until midnight or later, then have to work the next day. Great. I have no idea how many, or what lines I have. Great.

You know, if it weren't for rotten luck, I wouldn't have any at all. =)

But you know what? It doesn't bother me in the least. I'm going to be in a feature film, with a small speaking role.

I'm going to be leaving a job I don't really care for.

Really, it's all great.

2 Comments:

Blogger canadianicewolf said...

Bad luck is better than no luck as hard as that is to believe. I'm with you about the lines and luck in general, so I hear ya, but there must be a reason for it all. Either a better day job, or more roles in the near future that you can't keep a regular job for. I'll keep my toes crossed on the latter. :)

July 11, 2005 2:26 p.m.  
Blogger The Fool said...

Excellent, I'm an actor/writer myself. Keep us posted when this comes out. What's the working title?

July 17, 2005 2:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home