Thursday, June 23, 2005

Crime and Punishment

Ladies and gentlemen, the Vagabond Kangaroo Court is now in session. The right honourable Lord Vaga of Bond presiding.

Be seated.

Session 5 of 5 for docket number 665 then. Charges of overworking and abuse of Mr. Laugh Track, for purposes of making a singularly terrible and unfunny sitcom seem funny. Defendant is the Fox Network, the sitcom Stacked, and 'star' Pamela Anderson.

Fox, Stacked and Ms. Anderson, you have been charged with a very serious offence; the assault, battery, abuse and overwork of a laugh track.

I myself have watched 10 minutes of Stacked, and am prepared to summarily rule against you. I have not seen such a painfully unfunny, mugging filled, stereotype laden ...oeuvre since the last time I watched 5 year olds put on a play for their parents.

You are hearby convicted and sentenced to removal of Stacked from the already polluted airwaves, $500,000 in restitution to the abused Mr. Track, and an additional $10,000 fine payable to the right honourable Lord Vaga of Bond. This fine represents $1000 for each minute of my life that I will never get back. I will use this money to repair the bleeding from my ears, and the pain in my eyes.

Case closed. Bailiff, take them away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris W said...

Witness for the prosecution: Arrested Development.

I've always thought that the lack of a laugh-track is one of the things that makes that show great.

June 23, 2005 2:37 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Never watched it. Don't plan on it. The way it's been built up for me, I will be nothing but disappointed.

It's a thing. Like never having seen Pretty Woman. It's gone on so long, it's become an identifying characteristic. I can't give that up.

June 23, 2005 2:50 p.m.  
Blogger mare said...

fair enough, you're missing out on a lot.

watch the office or coupling though. bbc both.

and kitchen confidential looks promising, if only because it's based on anthony bourdain who is a right royal bastard.

June 23, 2005 6:41 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

I've got the Office on DVD... just haven't had the time or inclination to sit down and watch it.

June 24, 2005 9:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home