Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Different Kind of Tens

Gal flew to the east coast on Saturday to surprise her Dad for Father's Day, so I've been a bachelor for a couple of days, and will be until she's back next week.

In that spirit, here's another Tens of things that have happened since Saturday.

1. Number of concussions I've had. (also number of times I've had food poisoning)
2. Number of hours at the walk-in clinic
3. Maximum hours of consecutive sleep
4. Number of times I've lost the cat. (fortunately, also the number of times he's come back)
5. Number of conversations I've had with Ralph.
6. Half the number of hours of work I've missed.
7. Number of times I've answered the phone.
8. Number of hours of Firefly watched.
9. Number of years before I eat at BK again
10. Total hours of sleep I've had.

I don't get sick often, but when I do, I do it up right.

But this alone time has been good. I've gotten a lot more accomplished than anyone in my condition had any right to expect (mainly because I'm stubborn and refuse to allow my body's weakness to rule me). And I've realized how huge a part of my life Gal has become. I started missing her about halfway on the drive home from the airport.

Okay, I lied. I started missing her as soon as I pulled away from the terminal.

7 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

Did you take those old records off the shelf... And sit and listen to them by yourself? 'Cause today's music ain't got the same soul. You like that old time rock n' roll.

June 22, 2005 2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Don’t try to take me to a disco
You’ll never even get me out on the
In ten minutes I’ll be late for the door
I like that old time rock’n’ roll

June 22, 2005 2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Kate - I'm as surprised as anyone. =)

I'm feeling a little better... learned my lesson, that's for sure.

June 22, 2005 3:50 p.m.  
Blogger mare said...

hey vag, i need an audition piece for second stage (local theatre group), suggestions? email me.

also, come on, you've been a softie ever since you met gal. don't try to deny it. :)

June 22, 2005 7:42 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

dude, how many times do i have to tell you i am not your gal...

i flew out to surprise my daddy too... weird.

June 23, 2005 1:56 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

WendyKat - shouldn't you be playing with the owner of that other pair of pants? =)

June 23, 2005 3:13 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

HA! i have to work to pay rent so that i can play... besides... i need work just for the 8 hours reprieve!

June 23, 2005 4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home