Monday, July 04, 2005

I'd recommend 10 gallons of gasoline

It's looking more and more like I might be able to make the luau. I've yet to confirm my shooting dates and times, but I had a discussion with my boss, and there's no way they can grant me the time off for the shoot.

I can completely understand that, but at the same time, I'm not going to stay at a job I don't particularly like, for okay money, no benefits and no chance for advancement, when an opportunity like this comes up. Half the reason I moved to T.dot was for a chance to see if this acting thing can work out for me (the other half of the reason being Gal).

So, I'll be giving my notice so that I can have the last week of July off. This also means that I'll be available the first week of August. I'm likely going to drive down, and I'll be on the coast for about a week. Then I have to scramble back here and find another job.

I'm gonna need a place (or two or three) to crash while I'm down there. I don't want to burden anyone, so I'll shift from place to place as necessary. And if I'm driving down, everybody better be at this friggin' luau. =) 'los, this means you.

I'm going to spend a day or two in Freddy Beach too to try and catch the crew up there as well.

Of course, if the shoot falls through, I likely won't be down. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

I'm looking forward to Friday Karaoke, and meeting the new Suspects. And of course the disaster in the making that this pig roast is starting to sound like. Someone make sure to arrange some nice weather for while I'm down.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scum said...

Vag, the grandparental units would put you up for a while, probably. They have a couple spare rooms. And they'd likely feed you to death (but they'd make you drink from plastic glasses). :)

I'd volunteer my place, but let's face it... You've seen the camp.

July 04, 2005 1:45 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Jeebus, break one friggin' glass 13 years ago, and you're a pariah for life.

I may take them up on it though. =)

July 04, 2005 1:59 p.m.  
Blogger mare said...

got room here too, vag. :)

i mean, it's with the parentals, but it's all good.

July 04, 2005 3:23 p.m.  
Blogger mare said...

oh, and liz has room. i'll just volunteer her place. :P

July 04, 2005 3:23 p.m.  
Blogger liz said...

be-atch. get your own house and stop volunteering mine.

Yeah, Vag, that offer is still open to crash here. I have the spare bed & bedroom.

Can't tell you how great it would be if you could make it. We were discussing the other night how it would actually be great to see you for more than a few hours before dashing back to f'ton. Scum and I discussed the rain date being indoors at my place, so it's a go whether raining or not.

Agreed - Los is dead meat if he doesn't show for the luau. Cause, you know, I can kill people with my bare hands.

Do you realize that despite the fact that most of us have known you for what, 15 years or so, we find we have started calling you Vag when speaking in person. We have issues.

July 05, 2005 4:19 p.m.  
Blogger liz said...

And house rum! I have house rum!

July 05, 2005 4:20 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Well, that decides it then. House rum trumps all!

July 05, 2005 4:22 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

As an aside, I'll be flying solo. It's quite unlikely Gal will be able to get the time off.

As for referring to me as Vag, well that's fine. I've been called worse, by most of you. =)

July 05, 2005 4:36 p.m.  
Blogger mare said...

can you stick around till the 11th?

see my blog and chris' blog for deets. if you didn't get my email already.

July 06, 2005 10:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home