Monday, July 18, 2005

Pointless

Temper lost, peace lost, compassion lost, reason lost.
Loss of self, consumed in icy anger, fury, ire and loathing.
I thought I'd killed this me
The me consumed by rage
where reason has no hold.
Imprisoned only, beneath a thin veneer.

Then worse, the me that frightens me more than the rage
Even, unfeeling, compelled by reason, unruled by passion or emotion.
Uncaring, hurtful by calculation, not by passion.
Not willing to accept anything but its own logic driven reality.
Heart turned off, soul smothered, intellect in full control.

Separate, disconnected, passionless and cold.
Analyzing risk versus reward, effort against return
Solitary and unfeeling
Unhuman

So much progress, thought to be made
Gemini nature, at the forefront
the ugly twin.

Janus Gemini each twin
with two faces

Back to square one

12 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Nice. Rings very true in our field.

July 18, 2005 12:13 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

so, it seems we've all had a strange and rough weekend... what with hw angry at the cosmos, me being me and being angry at myself, you being angry at your twin self.

huh. must be a full moon. that or like a cheerleading squad we're all getting our menses at the same time.

July 18, 2005 1:16 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

will you let us know when you're feeling better?

or should i ship you some godiva chocolate?

July 20, 2005 7:50 a.m.  
Blogger canadianicewolf said...

Even if he doesn't tell you, feel free to ship the Godiva chocolates to me!!! :)

July 20, 2005 8:28 a.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

yea, he probably doesn't deserve them.

July 20, 2005 10:25 a.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

I don't eat chocolate, so they'd probably be wasted on me. =)

Feeling better today, thanks Wendy. =)

July 20, 2005 11:48 a.m.  
Blogger Shawn said...

Good to hear you're doing better Vag. Seriously though, that was some great writing. I only wish the people I see could express themselves that well. Would make my work alot easier.

At any rate, when are you heading back home? Would like to catch up with you before you do if you've got a free evening. Can fire up the BBQ for you and the Mrs if you're interested. Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you're schedule is like. Take care!

Shawn

July 20, 2005 1:05 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Sounds good Shawn, I'll drop you a line.

July 21, 2005 12:24 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

fine no chocolates for you then. see if i care. *sniffle*

July 21, 2005 1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Wendy... I didn't mean to be hurtful.... tell you what. I'll continue to do your thinking, and you can have my share of chocolate.

Is that better? =)

July 21, 2005 2:25 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

hmmmm... i suppose. i'd say i would think about it, but well that's a bit circular isn't it?

July 21, 2005 5:15 p.m.  
Blogger The Fool said...

There are times when I think I've come a long way, when I've made progress with my true self only to find I'm still right back where I was three years, five years or more, ago. It frustrates me sometime and then I realize that my reasoned and rational response is so much better than I would have done three years, five years or more, ago. Sometimes it just reaches up and surprises you. Very nice writing.

July 22, 2005 9:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home