Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday Before a Long Weekend

Wow... it's about my 329th favourite thing; falling just between dropping a bowling ball on my foot (done that) and getting hit by a Mack Truck going 80 (haven't done that)

Not because I'm stuck here at work.
Not because most everyone buggered off just after 2 pm
Not because clients are calling with irritating frequency
Not because my office mates have been on the phone on personal matters all day
Not because it seems like I'm the only one trying to do any work
Not because it's a gorgeous day outside (finally) and there's beer calling my name
Not because I'm now the only one left in the office

It's because of clients who keep calling and saying... "Wow, didn't expect to find anyone there. Why haven't you gone home yet?"

Why? Why? WHY!?

Because I can't get off the damn phone long enough to wrap up the eleventy million things I have to do today. Because you fuckers keep calling. Because I haven't had any lunch, my blood sugar is low, and I'm getting god-damn ferocious! I've already eaten my fifteenth packet of saltines! It's just not working!

Why am I putting so much effort into a job I'm so ambivilent about, when those who supposedly love it fucked off already?

It's called dedication folks. As much as I may think some clients are idiots, they rightly expect a little thing called service. And I don't think it's right to screw them over just because it's a sunny Friday before a long weekend.

I just reserve the right to be bitter about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger PomHeart said...

here here!!!

May 23, 2005 5:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home