Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm in for a beating

Today on my lunch break, I managed to walk the almost two klicks to the DMV, renew my registration, walk back, grab lunch on the way, and be back in the office in less than an hour.

I wonder what's going to break tonight. I just hope it's not the computer. I don't have the energy to fix it. Please let it be something simple like my clavicle. Or have someone beat me about the noggin with an angry weasel.

Of course, maybe karmic balance was restored by the fact that I got to share an elevator with a guy who smelled like he'd been shovelling onions, boiled cabbage and feces in 100 degree heat all day.

Nah... better get fitted for the cast.

9 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

Does the weasel have to start out angry? I'm sure a couple of minutes of beating will make any weasel angry, even those with the sunniest of dispositions.

July 27, 2005 5:01 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

In this case, in order to achieve appropriate effect, I think it needs to be an angry weasel to start with.

Or, we could substitue a lacksadaisical mongoose instead.

July 27, 2005 5:06 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

wow. so i have a black cloud of unhappiness and anger floating above me, and yet, you two still made me laugh.

thanks.

July 27, 2005 8:06 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Wendy - Happy to help. =)

Kate - But I'm allergic to the coating on a hedgie's spines... I wasn't really looking for a rash, more a series of deep bloody scratches, with tendrils of skin hanging from them.

In any case, moot point as nothing broke last night.

July 28, 2005 9:45 a.m.  
Blogger The Fool said...

That was me and it was shallots, not onions goddamit. I do have refined tastes you know.

July 28, 2005 9:54 a.m.  
Blogger acw said...

Beat you around the noggen with an angry weasel, eh? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

July 28, 2005 10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Fool - Couldn't have been you... I'm positive it was onions. But lay off the shallots just in case.

ACW - I said 'an' angry weasel, not 'my' angry weasel. =)

July 28, 2005 12:11 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

eeeewwwww...

July 28, 2005 11:05 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

oh, and for some reason after i read the post title, i had the image of you being in the middle of a circle abd people just throwing slices of pickled beets at you...

huh, i'm telling you man, these new med's the shrink has got me on, woodoggy are they fun!

July 29, 2005 7:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home