Monday, October 17, 2005

Job Hunt

I hate looking for work. It's roughly my 378th favourite thing, right between dropping a bowling ball on my foot, and getting hit by a Mack Truck going 20 klicks.

It's been so so thus far, but the jobs that I've actually had any interest in applying for have been few and far between.

See, the last long term job I worked, I thoroughly enjoyed for the first three years I was there. I was passionate about it, didn't mind getting up in the morning, and so on.

The last two years were a living hell, especially the last six months or so. I was actually supposed to keep working there another six months, but by August of 2003, the thought of working another day, let alone six months there made me so crazy that I resigned on the spot.

So now I'm job hunting. Woe for me.

But I am going to try to stop being such a slacker, and get back to posting at least semi regularly. I'm also contemplating taking a crack at The National Novel Writing Month this year I think.

So to all of you who've kept checking this sad little blog, ta. And to those who've stopped checking ta ta.

8 Comments:

Blogger canadianicewolf said...

ta to you too! ;-P

Sorry that you still haven't found something that's tickled your fancy.

There's got to be something out there though and soon!

October 17, 2005 11:09 a.m.  
Blogger mare said...

glad to see you've updated. sad to see you've not found anything yet, but with your mad skillz, i'm sure something will pop up.

i wish i had time for NaNoWriMo. it's really hard though.

October 17, 2005 11:51 a.m.  
Blogger acw said...

Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

October 17, 2005 2:23 p.m.  
Blogger liz said...

Welcome back!

October 17, 2005 8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Chris W said...

NaNoWriMo! I'm considering trying it again this year too. I must be nuts.

October 18, 2005 9:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I just started working last month after a depressing five-month job hunt where I found myself at interviews for jobs I didn't have the least bit of interest in doing and knew I wouldn't take if offered to me. I was only able to stay sane by writing tons and making the effort to spend time with friends who would bolster my spirit. I wish you well and hope you find something soon. Good luck writing your novel!

October 19, 2005 11:26 a.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

nanowrimo... nanowrimo... i just like saying that.

October 19, 2005 11:58 a.m.  
Blogger Jamie D. said...

Come on...you know you want to join us WriMo nuts! It's fun! It's crazy! It's something to do besides job hunting! :-)

Seriously - hope you do decide to join us for NaNo this year. It's a great "kick in the butt", if nothing else.

October 21, 2005 6:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home