Friday, September 09, 2005

Da-da-da-da

So I've been quiet... sue me. This job search thing really sucks. What with all the effort of finding a job whose description doesn't make me want to hang myself, then the additional effort required to compose a cover letter, tweak my resume, and then send it off... and from all this. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

So, I'm taking today off, and doing a little writing. And reading. And perhaps, in honour of the first week of school, some 'rithmatic.

I've (re)discovered in the past couple of weeks that I don't function well without some structure in my life. If I don't have a reason to get out of the house almost every day, I get lethargic and cranky. I guess I'm saying my days of being gleefully unemployed are at an end.

I'm now surli-ly (did I just type that?) unemployed. Sans-job-in-a-surly-fashion if you will.

By the way, if House is not the finest show on television, I'm not sure what is. And the first person to say Arrested Development gets a kick to the crack. I've watched it, I don't like it.

Thanks also for the lovely comments, even though I've been a slacker. You are all wunderbar!

7 Comments:

Blogger acw said...

Arrested Development is not for everyone. The Simpson's, on the other hand, is the high-holy muckamuck of television shows.

September 09, 2005 2:41 p.m.  
Blogger R.G. Ryan said...

Actually, I'm kind of liking Prison Break...at least what I saw in the first episode.

I mean it doesn't rise to the level of my cherished "24," but then...what does???

September 12, 2005 5:39 p.m.  
Blogger PomHeart said...

oh god house... he's so flipping hot in that angry-i-jus-need-to-be-loved sort of way.

god i miss cable tv.

September 14, 2005 1:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vagabond Shoes, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a job search site/blog.
Get paid to take Online Paid Survey at job search.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn between $5 to $75 per survey at job search - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

November 07, 2005 4:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chance upon your blog and enjoy it.

Take it look at my job opportunity site.
Get paid to preview movie trailers at job opportunity site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn $4 to $25 per hour at job opportunity - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

November 08, 2005 6:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Vagabond Shoes, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout online jobs site/blog.
Get paid to participate in online focus groups at online jobs stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You could earn $50 to $150 per hour at online jobs - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

November 18, 2005 9:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have aonline job site. It pretty much covers online job related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

December 30, 2005 6:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home