Friday, February 25, 2005

Is this a completely bizarre or what?

(Please be or what, please be or what!)

I've loved acting since the 5th grade when I got picked to play the grandfather/narrator in a play my teacher wrote.

I don't remember much about the play, except that I was wearing a sweatshirt with d-rings that I kept fiddling with during the first rehearsal. And choking on the cloud of baby powder (now 100% baby free!) that they used to grey my hair.

My next performing experience was middle school, in a play written by students and directed by my hippy, pot-smoking, EPA and PETA loving English teacher. It was an environmental piece, and really really terrible. But I had a blast, and was hooked.

From there, to my most recent role as Fantasy-Jesus-being kissed by Judas(tm), I've had a good time in almost every role.

Anyway, on to the point.

My heroes are getting older and dying or have already passed on. Walter Matthau, Jack Lemon, Johnny Carson, Marlon Brando, Kate Hepburn, George Burns, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman. Even those that are still around (Redford, Eastwood, Nicholson e.g.) likely won't be around another 20 years.

I want to work with these people. I want to learn from them; share time on screen with them.

I don't particularly want fame... I could care less if the general public knows who I am. But I'd love to work with my heroes; who wouldn't really?

So goal number one after the move... getting off my ass, and getting my face out there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

Alright Vag! I'm rootin' for ya! Mainly because I wish to ride your coattails to stardom in some manner. Someones gotta get out there, right?

Paul Newman is one of my favs. The first shelf of my DVD library starts off:
The Hustler (all time favorite movie)
Hud
The Sting
Cool Hand Luke
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Slapshot
&
The Verdict

February 25, 2005 1:51 p.m.  
Blogger EcamirG said...

If you want, I could be your hero.

February 25, 2005 1:51 p.m.  
Blogger EcamirG said...

Thank God it wasn't "I Am Ashamed That Women Are So Simple."

February 25, 2005 8:38 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

HW - Newman is awesome.

G - But could you be the wind beneath my wings?

Kateshrew - Thanks for the good wishes! Like the line too... great place to pull a handle from.

February 28, 2005 10:05 a.m.  
Blogger EcamirG said...

I could break the wind beneath your wings.

February 28, 2005 12:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home