Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It's nice when you remember that you're an adult

Or at least a decent approximation of one. I've been having a tough time at work recently, as you can probably tell from yesterday's letter from my sanity.

It's mainly an issue with my boss, and her approach to certain issues. Anyhow, not to belabour the point, I've decided that it's time for me to move on. So, resume review and job hunt is to begin this evening.

I'm to the point in my life where I've got a tremendously low tolerance for being treated poorly. I've dated my share of psychopaths, worked for a like number, had rotten roommates and so on. I'm not going to put up with the above any more. Life's too short to allow others make you miserable.

So for everyone else who's having a case of the job blahs... don't settle. There's got to be something better out there. And as an adult, you're within your rights to go get it for yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

Well you know where I wanna end up. Probably the same place you are shooting for. Films and writing. Writing and Films.

February 22, 2005 12:43 p.m.  
Blogger EcamirG said...

I think dating psychopaths gets a bad rap.

February 23, 2005 1:39 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

its nice to read and identify with your blogs after a terrible day at work. best of luck to your next job!

February 23, 2005 8:21 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

LCN - Absolutely true. I've been guilty of hanging on too long to a job in the past.

HW - You're spot on my friend.

G - If one is the psychopath, yes.

Kevin - Welcome!

February 25, 2005 11:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home