Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tens (the First)

In what may become a semi-regular feature, here's a list of ten things. Today's topic, songs to play at my wake. Not that I'm thinking of this in a morbid way, but if there's to be any music to celebrate my departure from this existence, I really think I should have a say in it. That being said, I reserve the right to change this list at any time. =)

Some are sappy, some have special meaning to me, and others are songs that I just really enjoy, or evoke certain times of my life. I've tried to be as non-mainstream as possible, but seeing as I don't listen to radio or watch music channels, I can't really tell.

1. Amazing Grace (any version on the pipes)
2. The Space Between - Dave Matthews Band
3. Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
4. Across the Universe - Beatles
5. There's No Business Like Show Business - Harry Connick Jr.
6. Young at Heart - George Burns
7. They Can't Take that Away From Me - Frank Sinatra
8. Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
9. New Day - Wyclef Jean
10.What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't listen to Amazing Grace on the pipes anymore. Too many battlefields; too many Remembrance ceremonies on said battlefields.

February 17, 2005 10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home