Tuesday, February 01, 2005

When I'm 64...

So I went on an audition last Friday. It was a bit of a last minute thing, but I figured what the hell. It was the second zombie type flick audition in as many weeks.

Anyhow, with next to no time to prepare, I thought I'd done okay in the audition. The director and producer seemed to like what I did, and it being an independent short that was supposed to start shooting this weekend, I figured I had a pretty good shot.

Niggling at the back of my head was the fact that I hadn't had a chance to shave, so I went sporting a full facial hair, which doesn't match my clean shaven headshot.

I got the call yesterday from the director, and he thanked me for a great audition on short notice, but said they were going with someone who looked a little younger. Great I said, best of luck with the shoot, and keep me in mind for future projects. Then I kicked myself in the ass for not shaving.

So today I feel like I look about 18, having removed all the whiskers. And to add insult to injury, I noticed a bunch of un-coloured whiskers as I was shaving. Guess my years of listing 20-30 as an age range are coming to a close.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

I KNOU WHAT U MEAN
ITS CRAZY HOW LITTLE DETAILS CAN BE SHOWED UP AN CHANGE THE ENTIRE DIRECTION OF OUR AUDITION... AND MOST OF THE TIME WE DIDNĀ“T EVEN NOTICE IT.
ONCE, A DIRERCTOR TOLD ME, AFTER TWO MONTHS OF BEING WORKING ON HIS PLAY,THAT DURING MY AUDITIONS I ALMOST LOOSE MY PART BECAUSE OF A RED STRIPE I HAD ON MY HAIR THAAT HE HATED... I COULDNT EVEN REMEMBER I HAD IT!

GREAT POST... SEE U AROUND
IAN

February 01, 2005 5:16 p.m.  
Blogger Action Randall said...

I stopped counting the grey hairs in my beard...
But hey, I don't get old anyway. I just get more interesting.

February 02, 2005 8:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home