Thursday, January 27, 2005

OCD much?

I have a little routine when I get home. I get off the bus, drop my paper in the convenient recycling bin, and buzz myself into the building. Walk down the hall, wait the requisite 2-12 minutes for the elevator. Ride is between 1 minute and 2:40 depending on the number of stops.

Walk down the hall, unlock the door, open it slowly to make sure the cat doesn't escape. Not that he really has anywhere to go except down the hall; I don't think he's figured out the whole elevator thing yet. In any case, I don't want him to escape as the guy who lives next to us has a 135 lb great dane. Part of me is interested to see what the cat would do to the dog, but the other part of me remembers it'd be me who would end up having to separate them. Regardless of how the fight comes out, I'm going to be the loser in that scenario.

But I digress. Once I'm through the door, I drop off my bag, kiss the gal, hang up my coat, and set my wallet, keys, phone and watch on the dresser. Same day, every routine. It keeps me from losing stuff.

Anyhow, yesterday the little fuzz butt decided he had to get rid of a hairball in the only carpeted area in the place. So, my routine was disrupted.

To try (and fail) to make a long story short, I'm at work sans watch and wallet. I'm sure that they're somewhere at home, but I'm so discombobulated today because of it.

On the plus side, the day's going well, I'm keeping busy, and groovin' to a little Sinatra. Of course, I'm going to lose my mind temporarily when I go to leave work and can't find my wallet or watch...

As an aside, rock on MooCow! I hope that Trash Club continues to go well.

5 Comments:

Blogger R.G. Ryan said...

Vag...

Sinatra, huh? And are you familliar with Sinatra's album called, "A Man Alone?" I've got it in vinyl. Rod McCuen songs...Sinatra at his finest. Check it out.

sean

January 29, 2005 12:21 p.m.  
Blogger Jesster said...

First rule of trash club is don't talk about trash club.

January 30, 2005 11:23 p.m.  
Blogger Action Randall said...

Have you considered a little cowboy outfit for the cat, and then putting him on the great dane? Just a thought.

Howdy, Pardner!

January 31, 2005 11:06 a.m.  
Blogger Alexandrialeigh said...

Thanks for checking me out, Vagabond!

It's good to know I'm not the only one who can't keep things together lately...

January 31, 2005 1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Jesster - Talk about what? =)

Sean - Never heard of that one... I snagged his greatest hits on CD a few years ago, and listen to it every now and then.

Harley - Um... no outfits. Cats in outfits look stupid, and he knows where I sleep. I'm pretty sure he would take me out if I tried.

AlexandriaLeigh - Thanks for popping by! I'm doing better today, maybe you will be tomorrow.

Vagabond

January 31, 2005 2:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home