Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Now Alas poor Vagabond...

Well, the last 5 days have been pretty hellish. Let's just say I had a visit from the Stones. I've been flat on my back, doped out of my head for the last 3 days, and today is the first day that I've been clear headed enough to even think about going to work.

Let's just say I have this aversion to pain. It makes me break out in fits of cursing.

Anywho... as a side effect of being off work Friday, Monday and Tuesday, you would think that I would have been able to get some writing done... or at least something worthwhile.

Nope. I laid in bed in a Percocet haze, punctuated by twinges of intense pain. I thought about writing, but everytime I sat up, the world went all swimmy. So I stared at the ceiling, and watched bits and pieces of every movie I own.

Thank god for my gal though. She took good care of me. Or, as they would say in the home of my youth; she took carame right good.

So.... I'm hoping to get the rest of the painkillers out of my system over the next couple of days, and hopefully back to writing, and updating this blog regularly.

And no Harley, as you can see... I haven't been doing anything productive.

6 Comments:

Blogger Action Randall said...

Thank Zod. I almost felt like a tosser for not doing anything constructive myself.... but as long nobody else is...

I hope everything.. uh... came out... ok.

Drop me an email sometime (It's on my profile page). I've been in contact with Sean (R.G. Ryan) as well. He's a cool guy.
I definitely like this blog thing better than the IMDb. Here you can see people's writing right off the bat, and know if you want to make a connection. (i.e. our friend Kyle H.)

Feel better, man!

January 19, 2005 12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Thanks man... everything seems to be in working order. =)

Now, I just need to get all this dope out of my system. I have a high tolerance, so they gave me some hefty stuff. Now I'm going to feel like a drooling labrador for the next couple of days, until I can get back to centre.

I'll fire an email off later the week if I'm back close to 90%

January 19, 2005 12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 19, 2005 12:55 p.m.  
Blogger R.G. Ryan said...

Vag,

You said "percocet haze" like it was a bad thing. I'm sure you were joking. Right? I mean, right? Dude, if it weren't for my drugs...wait, no that's not right. I promised I wouldn't go there anymore. And I won't. I musn't. I shan't!!!!! Go to hell!!!!!!!! Give me the drugs and no one gets hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2005 6:55 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Percocet haze isn't too bad... especially considering the alternatives. =) Let's just say when I was a younger Vagabond, I ate ASA and Ibuprofin like they were M&M's. I've managed to wean myself away from that stuff to the point that I avoid taking it unless absolutely necessary.

And trust me, this was a necessary instance. =)

January 20, 2005 3:46 p.m.  
Blogger Action Randall said...

I refer to it as "finite Percocet clarity"...

"...I laid in bed in my finite Percocet clarity, punctuated by twinges of intense pain."

See what I mean? :)

January 21, 2005 10:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home