Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Ides

March is typically a good month for me. Part of this may be that I could have been Julius Caesar in a past life, and karma is finally swinging my way.

Anyhow, I started my last job in March, and though I hated it towards the end, it was pretty good to me for three and a half years.

Gal was also born in March. Not that I knew her when she was born, you see... it's just another reason to like March.

March is where spring tends to turn the corner, and if not outright kill winter, at least tends to muzzle it somewhat. That and you know that there's a finite number of storms left to the season.

So, I'm starting hard-core into the new job search. I've seen a couple I'm interested in... certainly one of them has a salary range in a neighbourhood that I'd like to live in.

Hmmphh - Just got out of a meeting I was pulled into... just a 'quick' meeting over lunch. Started at 12:30, ended at 3. Nice.

I'll try to post something more interesting tomorrow. But the above does reinforce how much I need to find something more fulfilling. Fortunately, my boss at least understands where I'm coming from, and has no problem with giving me time off for interviews.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also like march. it has that nice long week off. mmmmm march break.

's good that you're thinking of moving on if you don't like your job. you don't want to get bitter and truculent. more than usual, i mean.

March 01, 2005 6:17 p.m.  
Blogger EcamirG said...

Wow. Time off for job interviews?

Cool. Granted, I've had eight months off for job interviews. Be thankful you haven't got an insane cowboy destroying your economy.

March 01, 2005 7:37 p.m.  
Blogger Surly Canuck said...

Now Mare, don't go deceiving people into think I'm something I am.

G - Yeah, I was pretty blunt when she tried to renew my contract.

Too bad about the cowboy... we've got troubles up here too though. =)

March 02, 2005 11:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home